High schools across the nation are signing up to compete in the the TextNinja High School Challenge. It’s a a unique way to spread awareness about distracted driving AND actually do something about it. Plus winning is pretty cool, too! #ChallengeAccepted
The official Challenge begins in April 2017 and runs through April 2018 (Distracted Driving Awareness Month), but the sooner you sign up, the sooner you can start scoring points and become viable for monthly rewards. Students who drive text-free with the TextNinja app will automatically add their points toward their school’s Campaign total. Using the High School Challenge Dashboard, we can determine top-performing schools each month who can win a variety of rewards (think pizza party or giftcards, plus the social recognition!). The school with the most text-free driving points at the very end of the Challenge will be rewarded with a fully sponsored special event!
Just for an idea of a previous TextNinja event, check out the Ninja vs FOMO bubble soccer tournament that was held last year in Chicago.
1. Sign up your school. It’s FREE!
2. Receive the TextNinja Empower Pack to start a successful campaign at your school.
3. Share your school’s campaign with students via a special code.
4. Take the pledge and start driving text-free with TextNinja.
5. Points will automatically be tallied toward your school’s campaign.
|Participants:||Students, Teachers, and Parents|
|Duration:|| Begins April 17th 2017
Ends April 31st 2018
|Winner:||The school with the most text-free points|
|Prizes:||Variable Monthly AND a fully-sponsored special event (think field day meets concert meets scholarship)|
Distracted driving has been a major cause in the increase in traffic deaths in recent years. Young drivers are particularly at high risk due to their inexperience as drivers and digital footprint. Just telling people to stop texting while driving does not have much of an effect. Instead, TextNinja is focused on providing positive incentives and rewards for doing the right thing.
1. Start an effective and actionable safety campaign at your school
2. Compete against other schools in the TextNinja High School Challenge
3. Reduce the number of collisions at your school this year
– A custom app link which allows students to get the app and join your high school campaign in one click
– A tracking code to share with parents and students for a discount on connected car adapters
– Extra materials, graphics, and ideas to help get your Campaign moving
Share this with your favorite band or entertainer. Many celebrities are looking for special events like this to help a good cause. Maybe your favorite artist will be the one to show up at your school!